Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
After some uses and feedback, it seems that the way templates are displayed currently in FCK is not user friendly, netheir advanced users friendly. I get the following problems :
- User : "what is this yellow box ?"
- User : "How can i change this content ? It doesn't appears anywhere..." (it's in this yellow box, lol)
- Advanced user : "It is boring to right click when you need to modify a something insde a box."
With such a slution the best is not to use templetes anymore exept is a few cases (ie administration banners) . Yet some existing wikis already use templates a lot.
It's some time I'm thinking of a redesign of the boxes. I made an architectural proto in 5 min because I have to go (beurk text size...), yet tell me what you think about it.
In an ideal it would also be possible to add in templates :
- Description for fields (appear when you let the mouse on it or as grey text).
- Use a display label in spite of the name of the parameter.
- Specify if some parameters are rarely used and should be displayed in "more".
I'm willing to have a reflexion about it.
Hve a nice day.
--Ttibot 07:23, 4 July 2009 (UTC)