Community Central
Community Central
Wikia Self

Hi All, I am Sean McGilvray the newest member of Wikia's Community Support Team. I was most recently a member of the legal department for the video game publisher NAMCO, where I spent a great deal of time handling intellectual property infringements. I have a legal background, and am excited to learn more about Wikia's CC-BY-SA license and how communities here work together to create open and free content.

I am also a huge gamer and am already a fan of the gaming room at Wikia's HQ. You may find me hanging out on role playing game wikis like Skyrim, Fallout, and Mass Effect or exploring the far reaches of space in EVE Online. I also play shooters like Halo and CoD, despite the fact I'm terrible at them. :)

When not at the controller, I spend my time writing either at my blog Semantic Drift or working on on my horrible (but improving) epic fantasy novel, brewing beer, traveling, reading (books and comics), or watching TV shows like Justified, Game of Thrones, and South Park.

I have some experience already editing wikis, and am deep in training with the rest of the Community Support Team. If you have any tips or advice, I would love to hear it in the comments below. Thanks in advance!

Want to stay up to date on the latest feature releases and news from Fandom?
Click here to follow the Fandom staff blog.

Click here to sign up for the From the Desk of Community email newsletter.

Want to get real-time access to fellow editors and staff?
Join our Official Discord server for registered editors!