Wikia, the home of Fandom, is the largest entertainment fan site in the world and the only complete destination for pop culture fans. Here, you can find more than 360,000 communities built by fans like you.
Wikia communities are created on a trusted and customizable platform designed to help people share what they know and love, spanning an impressive array of subjects, including pop culture and beyond. Fans can also share their unique voice and expertise on the latest news, movies, TV shows, games and more, with fans across the world through the Fan Contributor program, which publishes articles to the Fandom editorial site.
Fandom is celebrated through communities and editorial every day. Best of all, anyone can contribute—including you!
What Wikia Offers
The powerful combination of Wikia communities and the Fandom editorial site offer an unparalleled suite of benefits available to users.
- World's Best Collaborative Platform. Here at Wikia, we work towards constant improvement and growth of our site and services, with a dedicated Product Team working on the cutting edge of the user experience. With Chat, Message Wall, Forum, and more, Wikia gives you features and tools to manage your content and community that you wouldn't be able to put together by yourself or by running MediaWiki on another host.
- The Largest Entertainment Fan Site in the World. Wikia is the largest entertainment fan site in the world, and Fandom is the premier entertainment and pop culture destination. We cover all aspects of pop culture, from movies to games and beyond. At the center of Fandom are the Fan Contributors, who share their unique perspectives and passions with the entire world, all while receiving professional support and guidance from our editorial team.
- World Class Mobile Apps. Beyond the web, Wikia has developed a number of world class mobile apps—Community Apps and Game Guides among them—that enable the great content you and your community create to be experienced through an ever-growing mobile user experience. This enables on-the-go access to your content and also brings in new users who discover your content through Wikia's mobile apps.
- Traffic. We utilize the best web technologies to enhance your community's search rankings, visibility, and growth. If you work with us, we can drive your community to the top of search engine results, which will in turn vastly increase traffic and users to your community.
- Community Development and Support. Our users are the lifeblood of Wikia, and we work to support them in creating amazing communities. To do this, we have a dedicated Community Support Team to help communities succeed using technical support, how-to videos, training, direct user support, and more. We also have a dedicated Community Development Team that provides design, content, and formatting support for our communities. Our volunteer groups, made up of highly experienced Wikia users, help with things like spam and vandalism clean-up and creating mobile-friendly content.
- Market Leadership. When you choose Wikia, you become part of the largest group of fans in the world; we collaborate with over 360,000 fan communities and over 190 million monthly users who have created 43 million pages of content.
- Connecting Brands and Fans. Wikia partners with most of the world's top gaming and entertainment companies, which provides unparalleled access to exclusive content, developers, talent, and industry leaders. Some of our partnerships include the Rainbow Six Wiki with Ubisoft Entertainment, and the Trek Initiative with Roddenberry Entertainment. This brand/fan collaboration can help accelerate the momentum in your community and give you the ability to build even greater content.
- Trust. We are an Open Source Code site, and Wikia communities are created using the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license. We frequently post company blogs about what we are working on, including weekly technical updates about bugs so you know what may affect your community.